Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

1.Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

Cornerbacks are seldom taken in the top three, but then again, we said the same thing about defensive tackles prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Like Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy, Patrick Peterson is a special sort of talent that doesn't come around very often.

The Cowboys have issues in their secondary; their past three opponents have combined for 855 passing yards. Mike Jenkins is a jerk who doesn't put forth any effort, while the rapidly declining Terence Newman will be 33 heading into the 2011 NFL season. Peterson would infinitely improve Dallas' defense by erasing one side of the field.

Other 2011 NFL Draft Possibilities:

Marcell Dareus, DE/DT - The Cowboys will take the best non-quarterback, non-receiver on their draft board. That will either be Peterson or Marcell Dareus. Dareus certainly makes a ton of sense, but I currently have Peterson rated as the better prospect.

other picks.......

2. Dallas Cowboys: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
New free safety Alan Ball has been a pretty big liability this season. The Cowboys need to upgrade this position unless they want receivers like Mike Sims-Walker burning them deep multiple times per game.

3. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.

Reaction score
I don't like waiting until the third to address our offensive line.
Unless its a projected 2nd round talent like Cannon falls to the early 3rd...Its like a late 2nd round pick when drafting as early as we will be.

I also hope we get some help in FA for the OL. Only the young and top FA Olinemen though.

C

Cr122

I wouldn’t mind that as long as we address the other needs in FA. But I want quality.

sbk92

Reaction score
I hate the thought of taking a secondary player in the top 5. Especially a cornerback.

And then to follow it up with another secondary player at the top of round 2 and I might as well watch my Mom in a bukakke video.

sbk92

Reaction score
Unless its a projected 2nd round talent like Cannon falls to the early 3rd...Its like a late 2nd round pick when drafting as early as we will be.

I also hope we get some help in FA for the OL. Only the young and top FA Olinemen though.

Cannon would be nice there. Mammoth interior player. You have to be concerned if he's too big though. Even with the move to G.

I'm sure Houck loves him.

Top Bottom