Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this...

A Rod and Braun are shameless scum. Sounds like A Rod is about to get permabanned.

Report: A-Rod could be banned for life if he turns down MLB’s Biogenesis settlement offer

The latest report from the New York Daily News' A-Rod Watch 2013 says the embattled Yankees third baseman has two options in his stand-off with MLB: Take a deal that would suspend him for the rest of 2013 and all of 2014, or face a lifetime ban.

It's another indication that Rodriguez — simultaneously at odds with the New York Yankees about his injury rehab and with MLB about the Biogenesis scandal — is unlikely to play this season. He's supposed to begin a second round of minor-league rehab this week, but reports indicate that MLB's impending suspension hammer would strike down upon him before that. The Daily News says MLB "hopes to know by Monday" whether A-Rod will take the deal. The resulting suspension or ban should follow pretty quickly.

It might sound like Bud Selig & Co. have A-Rod backed into a corner — the same corner Ryan Braun was in last week, only darker — but the Daily News quotes an A-Rod source as saying the 38-year-old with the $275 million contract isn't copping a plea, even if there's a pot of gold at the end.

A source close to Rodriguez said the player was sticking to his story that he has done nothing wrong and was unwilling to cut a deal.

“If there is a suspension,” the source said, “he will fight it.”

According to a source familiar with the discussions between MLB officials and A-Rod’s representatives, if Rodriguez accepted a settlement that would call for him to be suspended for the rest of this year and the entire 2014 season without pay, he would still have a chance to collect the $60 million the Yankees would owe him from 2015 to 2017.

MLB's case against A-Rod is believed to be strong, with phone records, text messages and e-mails that can link him to PED use between 2010-2012. MLB is also believed to have Rodriguez on the hook for meddling in the Biogenesis investigation. It sounds like enough that someone would be A-Rod's ear telling him to take the deal, to save whatever money and bits of his reputation he can.

If he doesn't, you have to wonder: Does A-Rod still think he's untouchable? Is he just that stubborn? Or does he have that much confidence in his legal team?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
LOL at baseball pretending to care about players and cheating. MLB is a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Never have so many Yankee fans been rooting for one of their own to be suspended.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL at baseball pretending to care about players and cheating. MLB is a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

I don't see how you can claim that when they're going after these guys so hard... And not just any players, but superstars.

Personally I hope these guys get nailed to the wall. I just don't see why the union fights it so hard. They should want the game cleaned up as much as anyone. But their knee-jerk reaction is to fight baseball on anything and everything.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

better late than never. had they done nothing, you'd be screaming at them for looking the other way.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If baseball bans Arod for Life and the Yankees can get out of that contract, that would be a huge win for NY.

Yanks have an incredible amount of shitty contracts on the books.

Arod
Tex
Graderson
CC
You can probably even add Jeter to this list

That's just off the top of my head.

That team is fucked. For a few years at the very least.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
If baseball bans Arod for Life and the Yankees can get out of that contract, that would be a huge win for NY.

Yanks have an incredible amount of shitty contracts on the books.

Arod
Tex
Graderson
CC
You can probably even add Jeter to this list

That's just off the top of my head.

That team is fucked. For a few years at the very least.

Granderson Free agent after this year

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And Jeter only has one more year left. If he's healthy, he's worth it.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
better late than never. had they done nothing, you'd be screaming at them for looking the other way.

The NFL allows massive amounts of cheating and I have not said a word about it. I still enjoy the game. I just wish someone would dole out some of that magic elixir to my Royals. The Royals single season record for home runs is a measly 36 and that was set way back in 1985. I would love to see Hosmer hit 70 home runs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but none of the guys tested positive, this was discovered through an investigation of the clinic, right?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Braun tested positive last year but got off on a bullshit technicality. A-Rod tested positive many years ago, and admitted he was a steroid user in a sitdown interview with Peter Gammons in 2009 .

Reaction score
Braun tested positive last year but got off on a bullshit technicality. A-Rod tested positive many years ago, and admitted he was a steroid user in a sitdown interview with Peter Gammons in 2009 .
Bartolo Colon and Melky Cabrera also tested positive and they are a part of this. They've already been suspended for what allegedly occurred during this time though, so they may avoid another suspension.

Top Bottom