VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
In 2005, Patriots owner Robert Kraft joined several other American business leaders at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Putin left with Kraft’s Super Bowl ring. After questions arose about what happened, Kraft released a statement saying he had given Putin the ring as a present to show his respect for the people of Russia.

Now Kraft says that’s not exactly how it happened.

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’” Kraft said at a speech this week, according to the New York Post. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Link

Pozhal' sta tovarisch!

Russian President Vladmir Putin has denied that he stole New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring in 2005. Putin's spokesman told CNN on Sunday that the ring was given to Putin as a gift, and Kraft's story was "weird."

"What Mr. Kraft is saying now is weird," Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told CNN on Sunday. "I was standing 20 centimeters away from him and Mr. Putin and saw and heard how Mr. Kraft gave this ring as a gift."

Link

Reaction score
I don't believe for a second that Kraft intended to GIVE Putin his $25,000 super bowl ring.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember watching it on TV. Putin just put it in his pocket and Kraft was too scared to say anything .

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I always wondered if Bush's calling him Pooty Poot ever bothered him.
This former KGB killer given a pet name by some American Cowboy. :lol

tumblr_mbbk1lvvlM1rox41ho1_400.jpg

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Kraft can have another made in a blink. He makes 25k just sitting still for 2 seconds. He cannot, however, survive the death he'd have if he'd refused, I honestly believe that there was no way in Hell he gifted that.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah. I remember him saying something like 'Me and Pooty Poot' have a great relationship.

At a historic summit in Moscow this week, President George Bush will mark what he claims is the final putting to rest of the cold war, by shaking hands with his new best friend, Pootie-Poot.

That, according to today's issue of Time magazine, is the president's nickname for the Russian president, Vladimir Putin. At times of tension between the two countries, we are told, Mr Bush is known to tell his staff: "Get me Pootie-Poot on the phone."

Link

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ygQvB6OjHOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU[/video]

Putin to Kraft

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why do Russians look so weird?

That's a good question. You can easily spot them though. My guess is they're kinda isolated from the rest of Europe and developed their own unique features over the years.

Top Bottom