Reaction score
Starting quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame, the university confirmed in an email to ESPN.com on Saturday night.

Golson

"Everett is not enrolled at the university. Federal law and our own polices preclude us from discussing specifics," spokesman Dennis Brown said in an email.

The Chicago Tribune, citing two sources, reported that Golson is no longer enrolled at the university due to an academic violation.

Golson started 11 games for the Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.

He completed 187-of-318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.

WNDU-TV earlier reported that Golson no longer was enrolled at Notre Dame.

Golson's departure leaves a major question mark at a position where coach Brian Kelly was expecting to see big improvement in an offense that struggled for much of last season, with the Irish finishing 54th in the nation in total offense, including 71st in passing offense.

Former Fighting Irish QB Gunner Kiel transferred to Cincinnati last month.

Senior Tommy Rees is the most experienced quarterback enrolled, with 18 career starts. Fourth-year junior Andrew Hendrix and Malik Zaire, a spring enrollee, are also on the depth chart.

Zaire was the sixth-ranked QB prospect in the Class of 2013, according to the ESPN 300.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Rumor also has it that the faculty became suspicious because for the 1st time, his name was actually spelled correctly.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Rumor is he turned in a paper that he didnt' write.

he may have turned it in without reading it first. they probably quizzed him about the content and he had no answers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
he may have turned it in without reading it first. they probably quizzed him about the content and he had no answers.

Reportedly faculty became suspicious when they saw "Joe Smith" crossed out and his name written in above it.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"Them people said I didn't write that paper I turned in. They know I don't know how to write."

Top Bottom